Karma changes for patch 11.16
Karma Passive: Gathering Fire
- Mantra cooldown reduction increased from 2-5s to 5-7s
- [Removed] No longer reduces the cooldown on basic attacks
Q: Inner Flame
- Damage lowered from 90/135/180/225/270 to 70/120/170/220/270
- Cooldown increased from 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 to 9/8/7/6/5
- Mana cost lowered from 55 to 45
- Mantra bonus damage increased from 25/75/125/175 to 40/100/160/220
- Shield increased from 80/120/160/200/240 to 80/125/170/215/260
- Bonus move speed changed from 40/45/50/55/60% to 40%
- Mantra nearby champion move speed changed from [same as ally spell was cast on] to [30%]
Mid Lane Karma will still be viable but Support Karma will be the go-to because of the early game changes, but Top Lane on the other hand will be harder because of the Shield nerfs, the changes are still in development for patch 11.16 which means that other changes might come before and after the patch.
Scarizard about Karma’s new role:
“Originally envisioned as a support, Karma’s fringe successes actually came from players using her in the top or mid lanes as an AP burst mage with support abilities, much like Zilean or Morgana. We like this direction and want to encourage you to boost both her offensive and support abilities by building AP. We also want to make sure she can hold her own as a solo or with a lane partner.
Finally, we’ve updated her skills so allies are reliant on Karma, but Karma’s not reliant on them. She’s got enough power at her fingertips to feel strong as a mage or as a support without teammates having to work in perfect concert for you to be effective.”