The release saw a new feature, called the Altar of Covenants that seemingly allows you to select 3 random “game perks” that allows you and or friends to receive a bonus in sacrifice for hearts. This is called the Altar of Covenants and today on OvrPwr, we’re going to take a look at all the upgrades we’ve seen so far! Let’s jump straight into it!
With the release of Call of Duty Vanguard, came along some pretty neat feature upgrades to Zombies. Many players have been asking for similar updates since the start of Zombies and Sledgehammer have not stopped when making new improvements.
All Der Anfang Altar of Covenants Upgrades
So far, there are 11 known Altar upgrades, and below is the full list followed by what they do. Let’s take a look.
- Ammo Gremlin: “Stowed Weapons refil ammo from stock Automatically”.
- Brain Rot: “Chance to Turn Enemies to Friendly”.
- BloodLust: “Melee Attacks do more Damage and Heal you”.
- Cryofreeze: “Chance to Slow Enemies”.
- Cull the Weak: “Deal more damage to slowed, or stunned enemies”.
- Dead Accurate: “Consecutive Hits on the Same Enemy do more Damage”.
- Death Blow: “Critical Kills return bullets to the clip”.
- Mother Lode: “Chance to keep Equipment after using it”.
- Resurrectionist: “Revives Allies Faster” (Only on Co-Op).
- Splaterfest: “Enemies Killed by Explosions, may also explode”.
- Unholy Ground: “Deal more Damage while Stationery”.
At the moment, you can only get 3 of these perks at any one time, but you are able to “Overwrite” them if you wanted to change them.
What are the best Der Anfang Altar of Covenants Upgrades?
As you’ve seen from the list above – there are a few upgrades that are actually very helpful when playing the game. In our opinion, using “Dead Accurate“, “Unholy Ground” and “Splatterfest” are the three main, and in our opinion – best Der Anfang Altar of Covenants upgrades to have.
How do you get Sacrifices to Upgrade the Altar of Covenants on Der Anfang?
If you look in the bottom left corner of your screen, you will see a small hearts symbol. These are sacrifices that you can use to upgrade your gameplay using the Altar of Covenants. To get there, you simply have to play through the game. Using the teleporters and completing those challenges will in turn reward you with 1 sacrifice.
How often does the Altar of Covenants change?
From what we can tell, the Altar of Covenants changes every round, depending on if you pass or get an upgrade the previous round. This may change, or be inaccurate. This may also change on other maps, but as we only have Der Anfang, we can’t say for sure.
All in all, the Altar of Covenants is a neat upgrade to Call of Duty Vanguard’s Zombies and we feel there will be many more upgrades added over time. What are your thoughts on this? Do you like, or dislike this? Let us know down in the comments!